Who do you want in your corner?
When I read these verses, I could imagine them being reenacted in a drama. A narrator, filled with emotion, would read it with an ever increasing intensity in his voice. Understanding would dawn on the sad faces of passer-byes who hear it, and you would visually see the change, that moment when despair turns to joyful hope!Colossians 2:13-15 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
Despair - You are your own hope of eternal salvation.
- You are dead in your sins.
- You are uncircumcised - not one of God's children.
- You have a list (a long list) of ordinances against you.
- Your eternal destiny is hell. (Revelation 20:12-15)
Joy - Christ is your hope of eternal salvation.
- You have been made alive together with Christ.
- All of your trespasses have been forgiven (Even more...they've been blotted out! Taken away! Nailed to His cross.)
- He openly and victoriously triumphed over our enemies!
I want my Champion to be Christ!