Pages

Cool Social Media Sharing Touch Me Widget by Beautiful Blogger Widgets

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Wise men still seek him...

Pin It
My goal for this holiday season was to finish reading the book of Matthew, and with five days to spare I've met the goal!  You might be thinking that it wasn't a very difficult challenge, but unless you also have four children under the age of seven, then you don't really understand the amazing feat that I have accomplished of finding time to be in the Word every day!

I have read Matthew several times before and am very familiar with the story of Christ's life here on earth, but today as I was reading chapter 28 I came to verses 16-17 and paused. It reads as follows:
"Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. And when the saw him, they worshiped him: but some doubted."
This comes after watching Jesus perform many miracles, after hearing Him teach and explain countless truths from God's Word, after watching Him give His life for sinful man, after seeing Him resurrected, and right before the Great Commission!

We are talking about the 11 disciples that remain, not just a few who had heard about Jesus. Those who walked and talked with Him by the way. Those who had eaten with Him, gone through storms with Him, and had spent three years by his side.  And some doubted!

I know I would have been awestruck to miraculously see Jesus again. It would have been hard to come to terms with such an amazing sight.

Sometimes we lose sight of the awesomeness of God because our focus is on the temporal  things of this world. We search for fulfillment and satisfaction in the things of this life.  We set goals and plan our days down to the very last second...

But if we forget Christ in our daily pursuits, in the end, we have gained nothing.

As I think about this coming year, I have some personal goals for myself, my marriage, my family, etc., but above all my goal is to continue seeking Him.



Like the wise men of old, my aim is to follow Christ until I obtain the prize of seeing Him face to face.

Be a seeker of His heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment