Pages

Cool Social Media Sharing Touch Me Widget by Beautiful Blogger Widgets

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Colossians 1:5-8

Pin It
Good Morning!  Isn't it awesome to wake up and run to the Word for spiritual refreshment?  This morning my focus was on Col.1:5-8.

Col 1:5  For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;
Col 1:6  Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:
Col 1:7  As ye also learned of Epaphras our dear fellowservant, who is for you a faithful minister of Christ;
Col 1:8  Who also declared unto us your love in the Spirit. 


Paul gives thanks for the hope awaiting them in heaven.  They had heard about this hope through the word of truth - the gospel.  The gospel came to them (through the ministry of Epaphrus) and from the moment it was heard and the grace of God was made known to them, they believed!  The gospel brings forth fruit!  The gospel is POWERFUL!  Epaphrus shared the Word of Truth which, when the heard it and believed, brought forth fruit in their lives.

We need to bear fruit through the True Vine - Jesus.  We will never be fruit bearers if we do not proclaim the gospel in our sphere of influence.  Do those around you know, truly know Who God is?  Do they know that because we have broken God's law a punishment awaits us?  Do they know that the only way to restore our broken fellowship with God is through the sacrifice of Jesus dying on the cross for our sins?  Do they know that their excuses will not be acceptable when they stand before Almighty God?  Do they know that you can tell them about THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE?

This passage really hit home with me, because the fruit that I want to see in other must first be evidenced in my own life.  The Colossians were commended for their: Faith in Christ - Hope in Heaven - and Love in the Spirit.  My faith is firmly placed in the finished work of Christ on Calvary.  My hope for the future is secure in knowing that I have a home in Heaven prepared for me.  My daily task is to be led by the Holy Spirit to show others the love of Christ, the gospel of Truth, which can forever change their lives. 

You see, I am not the vine, He is.  I am just a messenger of His love.  May God help me to use my sphere of influence to proclaim the gospel, the Word of Truth, bringing glory to His name.

The FRUIT is not mine, it belongs to the VINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment