Pages

Cool Social Media Sharing Touch Me Widget by Beautiful Blogger Widgets

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

When you can't sleep forget the sheep!

Pin It Ahhh...there's nothing like a good night's sleep!  Too bad I haven't seen one in a long time...or maybe the truth is that when one actually caught up with me I slept through it!

My little Boo-Boo cannot survive without his Amma (code word for Mommy).  This is an important fact to note, because no matter how many other able bodied human beings there are in the house, he prefers that his consolation come from Yours Truly.

Having said that, it was no surprise when at 4 a.m. this morning a shrill piercing cry (ok, that's what it sounded like in the midst of my delicious dream about today's To Do List) accompanied by banging on the door met my ears.  Boo-Boo immediately stopped crying as I reached down and picked him up, and of course he needed an emergency diaper change.  After a new makeshift pair of jammies (it's amazing what you can accomplish with your eyes half open), a fresh cup of milk, a cuddle or two, and another round of the "night-night" cd, he settled down with a contented, "Aah," and went back to sleep.

In my mind I thought, "Well, that's all fine and good for you," because now I was wide awake and knew that if I returned to bed, sleep would be long in coming.

Since this is often the scenario of my life as a mother of young toddlers, I often take these moments as a sign from the Holy Spirit to come apart and pray.  Everyone is asleep (except me), it's quiet, and there are no other distractions or demands for my time.  What better time to meet with the Lord?  Of course, if I tried to schedule in a 4 a.m. Praise and Worship time my body would never allow it to happen!

This morning my I John passage was only one verse long but powerful!


What better truth for a new believer to cling to than "your sins are forgiven for his name's sake"?  What better truth for an old believer to relish in?  And that is exactly what I did!  I rejoiced in the fact that God forgave my sin, not based on my own merit, but for Christ's sake.  It's not because of me, it's because of Him!  My soul soared with words of praise for the One who loved me through the precious gift of His Son. 

I thank God for his reassurance that my sins are forgiven!  The Word of God is my source of Truth!

I thank God that Christ's atonement was enough.  The Son of God is my source of Life!

I thank God for helping me to walk in the light and not in darkness.  The wisdom of God shows me the Way!

I am so thankful that I followed the Holy Spirit's prompting to come apart for awhile and meditate on God's Word.  Thanks also to Boo-Boo for being my 4 a.m. alarm clock!

Let us live in the light of His truth today.

To read more inspirational thoughts today, check out the link-up party over at Women Living Well!

No comments:

Post a Comment