Pages

Cool Social Media Sharing Touch Me Widget by Beautiful Blogger Widgets

Monday, November 19, 2012

International Week of Gratitude

Pin It Say "thank you" is one of the first polite things we teach our children to say with their words or through sign language.  No please, no baba.  No thank you, no baba.  And so out of a sense of obligation in order to obtain their desired object of affection, they may say it but don't always mean it from the heart!

I can be the same way in giving thanks with my own words, when someone does or gives something to me, even in a prayer, because I know it's right to do so; but at the same time, not really being thankful in my heart.

Over at Good Morning Girls this is the International Week of Gratitude in our Bible studies.  Today as I reflect on these verses I am truly thankful that God chose me.
John 15:16  Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Ephesians 1:4  According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
He chose me!  Before I was born, before the foundation of the world, He chose me!  And while being thankful that He looked upon me in my dreadful state of sin and separation, paying the price to reconcile me to Himself, I am keenly aware that He chose me and then gave me a task - to bear fruit that remains and to be holy and blameless before Him in love.  Neither one can be accomplished without surrendering to the work of the Holy Spirit in my life, gaining that vital nutrition that only comes from time spent abiding in the True Vine.

I am thankful -
  • That God chose me!
  • That He saved me!
  • For the Holy Spirit working in my life this year
  • For opportunities to share God's Word with others
  • For a godly husband who loves me
  • For my two beautiful boys
  • For lessons learned on deputation
  • For the opportunity to serve God in Peru
  • For my family
  • For our friends all over the world
HALLELUJAH, THANK YOU, JESUS!  You are worthy of all my glory and praise!

Our Thankful Tree!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment